September 1, 2014

Lactation Minute Oatmeal

When a breastfeeding mom sends you an urgent message, worrying about her supply, you do just about everything you can to ensure that she feels supported. In the case of one of my postpartum doula clients, that meant making some lactation friendly meals that her entire family could enjoy.

I also wanted to take the stress out of how she starts her day. I know with me, if I didn't have a good start to the day, mentally...I would be a chaotic mess for the remainder of the day.

So what does a breastfeeding mom have for breakfast? Lactation Oatmeal!


Super easy to put together, so if you're pregnant and wanting to support your breastfeeding efforts, make a bunch of individual packets in advance and store in your pantry until you're ready for breakfast!

1/2 cup minute oats
1 tbsp flax (seed or fround, whichever you prefer. I used flaxseed)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp walnuts
1 tsp brown sugar (optional)

Just add boiling water, let stand for one minute, and then mix with berries or banana. So simple and easy!


signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Could you increase the lactation benefits by adding brewer's yeast? If so, how much?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips