July 17, 2013

Introducing the Intersection Collection

A few months ago, I created this painting and since then, it has sat on the floor in my studio....with me staring at it feeling like it just wasn't quite right.


I knew that it needed something, and recently decided to pull out my washi tape and tape off certain areas of the painting.


Next, the white paint came out {two coats} and I am thrilled with the end results.


These intersections are inspiring a whole new body of work. Abstract paintings on the underside, then painted over with white. In the end, what is left is amazing. There is so much movement and space created by this technique; one that I will definitely be working into a few pieces for my Etsy shop!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting. Way different than your other series.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips