February 2, 2012

SWH4T$: Time Saver Pancakes

Happy Thursday everyone, and welcome back to She Works Hard For the Money - a bloghop for hard working mamas who do everything they can to save time and money!

The rules are simple...

1.) Follow your hostesses at Baby Shmizz and Sweet Stella's via GFC

2.) Link up a specific post that relates to money and time, your job, your business, couponing, anything that shows how you "work hard for your money".

3.) Post our button on your post


Have fun linking and finding new blogs to read!





Time Saver Pancakes

I find myself in a bit of a rut sometimes. Between my crafty, artsy business...another new business that I'll be launching with a great Mama friend of mine...my Husband having his own business...plus our son's activities...I'm stretched pretty thin.

Because of that, I try to plan at least one meal ahead of time to save myself time, frustration and allow myself to enjoy a meal with my son throughout the day. Breakfast seems to be the easiest, and I've developed a recipe for success!

I make one or two full batches of pancakes at the beginning of a week, and whatever we don't eat that day goes into a Ziploc and into the freezer. Then, I can pull out pancakes as needed, pop them into the toaster and know that my son is getting a super wholesome breakfast.

Here are two varieties, that just so happen to help with fussy eaters who don't get alot of fruits or veggies.

Pancakes...two ways


Whole Wheat Oatmeal Mixed Berry


Whole Wheat Oatmeal Asparagus (yes..you read that right!)

Preheat griddle or frying pan while you mix the batter

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup milk
1 beaten egg
2 tbsp oil (I used canola, but you can use whatever you'd like. I would not recommend EVOO as it has a distinct flavour that will alter the pancakes)

Mix all ingredients together

For Berry Pancakes, mix in 1 cup of mixed berries. I used frozen berries that I had on hand, which I thawed in the fridge overnight.

For Asparagus pancakes, finely chop approximately 6 spears, and add that to the batter.

Each full recipe will make approximately 8-10 pancakes.

Once cool, put in a Ziploc and pop them in the freezer!

Enjoy!

Have a time saver recipe, coupon, trick or tip? Link up with us today!





2 comments:

Susan Woods said...

Usually on weekends we make a big breakfast, quite often it's pancakes.(I LOVE Krusteaz honey wheat mix, just add water and only under $3 for the box.I usually add flax meal and a little extra wheat germ to it too.)I always make three times more than we need, cause if you're making them, may as well go for it, and freeze the rest too. Quick and easy in for the rushed school/work mornings. Also, I am guilty of making breakfast for dinner at least one night a week. Cheap, quick, easy and filling. Plus, no one in my family turns up their noses at breakfast foods.

Unknown said...

I cannot link so here is my post! ;)

http://www.buildingourstory.com/2012/02/swh4t-turkey-burgers-w-cucumber-yogurt.html

I stole your pancake idea! Yummy!! Great for the weekends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips